For those of you who wish to add a little more greens to your diet, we have a fantastic smoothie for you! It's nourishing and refreshing. And, it's ideal for a wholesome breakfast during your period because it's made with a simple blend of fresh fruits and vegetables. This orange peach spinach smoothie screams summer, while easing painful periods.
‘Smooth’en The First 7 Days Of Menstruation
It's critical to obtain plenty of iron during the first phase of your cycle, to restore your body after losing key minerals in your blood. Spinach is an excellent addition to smoothies since it is high in iron and other minerals. Bananas, which are abundant in potassium and B6, can help you feel better and keep your bowels in check. Consuming fruits high in Vitamin C, such as oranges and peaches, also aid iron absorption in the body.
To help your body restore key vitamins and minerals for a smoother period, try this delicious concoction:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ginger – grated & minced
- 1 tablespoon honey - add more as per taste
- 2 cups frozen peaches / 1 fresh peach, chopped up
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 orange – peeled & segmented
- Puree the frozen peaches, spinach, orange, water, and ginger in a high-powered blender until smooth and uniform in colour. If necessary, add 1/4 cup of water to keep the ingredients in smooth motion through the blender.
- Stir in the honey and taste. Make any necessary adjustments (add more ginger, more honey, more water, etc). Serve right away.
This smoothie can be made with frozen or fresh peaches. Although fresh peaches add a little more taste. You'll need to add some ice to your smoothie if you use fresh, non-frozen peaches. The spinach also tases better when its fresh rather than frozen.
We recommend wrapping bananas in our Femino Beeswax Food Wraps, and storing them in your freezer at all times. It's very convenient to be able to grab one anytime you need it! Bananas, both ripe and overripe, should be frozen. Overripe bananas are especially sweet.
If your smoothie is too thick, you may need to add a bit of almond milk.
Recommit to learning more about smoothie recipes by starting with this delectable and refreshing variety. If you want more recipes, don’t worry we won’t be holding out on you. Stay tuned, the series has just begun.